First vegan dinner: bell peppers stuffed with quinoa, veggies, and black beans!
- Cook 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups water until all the water is absorbed.
- Saute diced onions and mushrooms in a drizzle of olive oil and chopped garlic. Add beans and quinoa, and pieces of a veggie patty if desired.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Wash and core bell peppers, leaving the bottoms intact and flattening the bottom to make them stand up. Fill with quinoa mixture, drizzle with olive oil.
- Place in a pan half filled with water and bake bell peppers for 35-40 minutes, covering with foil half way through. Let cool and dig in!
- Optional: (the non-vegan version) Fill with cooked risotto and sprinkle with cheese.